TROPICS FOOD – Upgrade avocado toast with smoked salmon, peppery radish and broad beans for a vibrant brunch recipe that’s ready in just 15 minutes. Mash together summery broad beans and creamy avocado, and add a little kick of chilli, lime and coriander before loading onto toasted rye bread – quick, easy and delicious!
- 350g shelled broad beans
- 1 ripe avocado, stoned and peeled
- 1 red chili, finely chopped
- 10g fresh coriander, chopped
- 1 lime, juiced
- 4 thick slices sourdough rye bloomer
- 6 radishes, thinly sliced
- 120g pack smoked salmon, sliced
- watercress, to serve
- Blanch the broad beans in boiling water for 2-3 mins. Drain and refresh under cold water, then squeeze to remove the outer skins (you can leave them on but the beans are more tender if double-podded).
- Put the beans, avocado, chilli, coriander and most of the lime juice in a bowl. Mash until smooth. Season.
- Toast the sourdough slices. Dollop the bean mash on top, then add the radishes and salmon. Finish with the remaining lime juice and some black pepper. Serve with watercress.