TROPICS FOOD – For an easy veggie breakfast that’s ready in just 15 mins, try this green scrambled eggs recipe. Stir through spinach and serve on toasted sourdough with roasted tomatoes – it’s that simple.
- olive oil, for greasing
- 100g on-the-vine cherry tomatoes
- 100g baby spinach
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley, finely chopped (optional)
- 4 slices sourdough bread
- 1 garlic clove, peeled
- 20g butter
- 4 eggs
- Preheat the oven to gas 5, 190˚C, fan 170˚C. Lightly grease a baking tray, then transfer the tomatoes (still on the vine) onto it. Roast for 10-12 mins until the skins are just bursting.
- Meanwhile, put the spinach in a colander and pour over boiling water to wilt. Set aside to cool until just cool enough to handle. Squeeze out any excess water with the back of a spoon.
- Toast the bread and, once golden, rub one side of each slice with the garlic clove. Lightly spread each with a quarter of the butter. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, gently beat the eggs with a wooden spoon. Melt the remaining 10g butter in a saucepan over a medium-low heat. Pour in the eggs and stir slowly with a wooden spoon for 4 mins or until they begin to set. Stir in the spinach and parsley, if using.
- Put the toast on two plates, then top with the eggs. Serve with the tomatoes.