TROPICS FOOD – Deliciously rich chocolate and coffee pots that make for the perfect afternoon treat. These cute, chocolate mousse filled cups will look great as part of an elegant tea party and will be enjoyed by all.
- 1 tsp instant espresso coffee
- 100g (3 1/2oz) 72% dark chocolate, finely chopped, plus extra shavings to decorate
- 50g (2oz) milk chocolate, finely chopped
- 300ml pot double cream
- 2 tsp icing sugar
- coffee beans, to decorate
- In a cup, dissolve the coffee in 1 tbsp boiling water. Put the dark and milk chocolate and coffee in a heatproof bowl set over a pan of shallow, simmering water. Stir until melted and smooth. (Alternatively, melt in the microwave, stirring every 30 seconds.) Remove from the heat and leave to cool a little.
- Using an electric whisk, gradually beat half of the cream into the chocolate mixture, until combined. Divide the mixture between 6 espresso cups (filling halfway) and transfer to the fridge while you whip the cream for the topping.
- In a clean mixing bowl, whip the remaining cream with the icing sugar, until soft peaks form.
- Remove the pots from the fridge and top each with a dollop of the whipped cream, some chocolate shavings and 1-2 coffee beans. Serve.